Mr. Reyes personally knows that even if you operate your motorcycle safely the negligence of another driver can lead to a serious accident. Mr. Reyes has been a licensed motorcyclist since he was 16 years old. It is important to retain an attorney that has the unique experience of operating a motorcycle on our Texas roads and what dangers we face on the road. In 2006, there were 2,226 two-vehicle fatal crashes involving a motorcycles and other types of vehicles. In forty (40) percent of these accidents, a car or truck was turning left as the motorcyclist was going straight, passing, or overtaking the other vehicle. Unwary and negligent drivers cutoff motorcyclists on a daily basis. In a collision with a car or truck, the motorcycle driver is extremely at risk for injuries. In most cases, the motorcyclist is not at fault. The fact is that sometimes other drivers don't see motorcyclists - or they simply don't give them the road respect they deserve.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident you should seek the representation of an experienced attorney who not knows the law and will fight for your rights but has the unique experience of riding a motorcycle.
Mr. Reyes has achieved fair settlements for his motorcycle clients that have suffered the following types of injuries :
- Disc injuries to the neck and back that occur when there is sudden impact with a vehicle and the ground.
- Foot fractures that occur when the motorcycle rider is thrown from the bike, landing forcibly with their feet or legs under their body.
- Tibial fractures, or bone breaks just below the knee, caused when another car's bumper crushes the motorcycle rider's leg against the *body of the bike.
- Ruptured bladder resulting when a rider is flipped over the handlebars of their motorcycle and lands on their back.
- Brain damage can occur when parts of the brain strike the inside of the skull during a motorcycle accident.
- Complex pelvic fractures happen if a rider lands on their hips or their side after being thrown from their motorcycle during a crash. *Fractures like this often require major surgery or use of an external corrective device.
- Intracranial bleeding which results when a rider's head strikes the pavement. Use of a helmet provides only limited protection against this injury.
- Soft tissue injuries, also called "degloving injuries", are injuries in which extensive portions of skin are torn from the underlying connective tissue as a result of physical trauma.
At the Reyes Law Firm, like all other case we represent motorcycle accident victims on a contingency fee basis. This means that you pay no legal fees unless we obtain a settlement which you approve or judgment in your case. When we win, our fees are paid as an agreed upon percentage of the award.
Motorcycle Accidents Resource Links
American Motorcyclists Association
An organization that pursues, protects and promotes the interests of motorcycle enthusiasts.
Bikers Rights Online
Devoted to motorcycle riders' rights, this site includes articles, studies and a review of helmet laws that is searchable by state.
Motorcycle Consumer News
An advertising-free, multi-faceted resource for the motorcycling public.
Motorcycle Riders Foundation
A motorcyclists rights organization based in Washington, D.C.