Nursing Home Negligence
Injuries at nursing homes and assisted living centers are all too common. Elderly people are often victims because they are unable to communicate what has happened to them or they are afraid to say anything about their caretakers. If you notice signs of abuse or neglect call us today to explain the law and your rights.
If you see any of the following signs they should be investigated immediately:
- Development of bed sores
- Broken bones resulting from use of restraint or lack of restraint
- Heavy medication and sedation use in place of supervision
- Caretaker cannot adequately explain condition
- The occurrence of nursing home resident-on-resident violence
- Unexplained falls
- Unexplained or unexpected death
- Any incident involving broken bones, especially a fractured hip
- Any injury or death occurring during or shortly after an episode of wandering (including outside the facility) when the staff is not aware that the resident is missing for some period of time
- Rapid weight loss or weight gain without physician or family notification and a change in treatment being provided
- Resident is frequently ill, and the illnesses are not promptly reported to the physician and family
Please contact our office immediately if see any of these signs so we can investigate and advise your family of your rights under Texas law.